Sat, 16 Mar|
Connecting Mindfully: Develop more self-compassion & deepen your relationships
Embark on a journey within and us for a transformative experience in cultivating strength, resilience, and authentic connection. Bring yourself more fully into relationship with yourself and others with the wisdom of mindful and compassionate listening.
Time & Location
16 Mar 2024, 10:00 – 17 Mar 2024, 17:30
London, Truro Rd, London N22 8DH, UK
About The Event
CLICK ON "READ MORE" BELLOW FOR FULL INFOConnecting Mindfully
Would you like to develop a deeper level of self-acceptance?
Perhaps you find yourself stuck and not moving forward in your career, love life or friendships?
Would you like to be more skilled at dealing with conflict?
The way you communicate with yourself is fundamental to stronger, deeper, more stable relationships both personally and professionally. Relationships can be the source of so much pain. An ongoing conflict with your partner, colleague or friend can cause untold anxiety, stress and misery. But how many of us have ever received training or guidance in how to build good relationships and effectively deal with their ups and downs?
In this two day workshop, we will start with connecting more deeply with ourselves, and then explore practices for connecting with others.
- An ability to translate the inner critic into a language of empowerment and inner wisdom.
- A deeper understanding and acceptance of anger, sadness and fear.
- A connection with a sense of peace and contentment within yourself.
- Skills to deal with conflict in a way that strengthens your relationships.
- An ability to translate other people’s criticisms or judgements into a language of connection.
- Skills to support people effectively when they are struggling without needing to fix, change or be responsible for them.
- Connecting with others in a deeper, more fulfilling way.
Has been working as a Compassionate and Authentic Relating Coach since 2016. With over 1,000 hours of training in Nonviolent Communication, she facilitates workshops at Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced levels and has established a community of compassionate communicators in London. She was a part of the organising team of the NVC Global Online Festival, has run workshops and organised welfare teams at festivals such as "Moving Connection" + "Connections with Intimacy" and other NVC Summer Camps and spaces both online and in person in the UK. Emma also works with couples, communities and individuals to support intimacy to flourish and flow between people. Her aim is to bring love and compassion into the centre of all relationships, inviting us to connect and welcome our humanity and authenticity into our everyday lives.Andy Hix
Is a qualified Mindfulness Trainer. Mindfulness has transformed his whole experience of life. It’s helped him to feel so much less anxious, tense and disconnected from his emotions and so much happier, calmer and more fulfilled. He’s on a mission to share those benefits with other people. He has taught in organisations such as Lloyds Bank, Unilever, BBC, PwC, JP Morgan and well as schools and prisons. He is a lead trainer for Mindfulness in Schools Project. He also co-directs a consultancy called Thriving People that helps companies put self-awareness and empathy at the heart of their culture. He works with people 1-2-1 to help them overcome anxiety, anger and feeling overwhelmed. The core of his work is helping people to love and accept themselves to a deeper level. He’s very passionate about his work because he sees the positive impact it makes on a daily basis.Venue
Immerse yourself in the serene surroundings of Healing House (near Bowes Green Tube / Piccadilly Line), a beautiful retreat venue that has plenty of space for us to gather and connect. It has everything that we need, including a kitchen, chairs, cushions, blankets, yoga mats and large outdoors space to walk / sit in for moments in between sessions.
This is a non-residential training. Participants will need to find their own accommodation if they are coming from outside of London. If you need support with this, do contact us.
We will break for 1.5 hrs in the middle with shorter breaks throughout the rest of the day.What to bring:
- Please bring your own lunch and snacks (we will provide tea coffee and light snacks)
- A notebook
- Comfy indoor shoes / slippers or warm socks (no shoes in venue)
- £280 – Supporter Rate: If you have financial assets, or identify as middle or upper/owning class, then this is the rate for you. Paying at this rate supports the discount and scholarship fund, making this course accessible to more people including people of the global majority.
- £230 – Standard: This is the true cost of the course. If you are able to pay this amount and still meet your basic needs, then this is the price for you to choose.
- £200 – Low income : The Discounted option is reserved for those who sometimes struggle with limited financial resources and would benefit from supported access to this learning experience.
- £180 –Early Bird: 6 tickets available at this price / first come first serve
If money is a barrier to you joining this course, we would love to find a way to support you to join us. We have the opportunity to offer two subsidised spaces based on application. Please send Emma an email to: email@example.com to discuss the possibility of a partially subsidised place.
The course will run with a minimum of 10 participants, if this number is not reached you will be refunded or the course will be postponed.
REFUNDS POLICY: Please note, we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. When possible we encourage reselling on Ticketswap. ACCESS: We do our best to include everyone in our events, regardless of health circumstances. If you have access requirements please email the event organiser directly to discuss. Many facilitators are able to offer reduced ticket prices for those truly unable to afford the ticket price. If this applies to you, do please get in touch with the event organiser.
For PSYCHEDELIC KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES please check out the Psychedelic Society website.
MEMBERS of the Psychedelic Society get a discount off almost all of our events. Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community with invites to special events and more.